Saturday, January 23, 2010

Knitting for my new niece

My first niece is due to be born in March. And while I already have a baby blanket all made, there are plenty of other things I want to make her. My brother and sister-in-law have requested a few things...but a baby girl is so fun to knit for I'm planning on making lots and lots more.

The first thing I cast on for was a sweater. I found the cutest baby girl cardigan on Ravelry. It's free and couldn't resist the cuteness...The pattern is Modified Drops Eyelet Baby Cardigan (ravelry link).

I have plenty of fingering weight in my stash. This is Knit Picks Gloss in Cosmos colorway. It's been lingering in my stash for quite a while and even was trying to be several other things before this sweater. I think it's perfect for this :)

The sweater is about 75% done. I only have the two sleeves left. As I said...super cute:



No comments:

Post a Comment