Sunday, March 08, 2009

Finally, another sock club shipment

This past Thursday, I finally got my 1st Woolgirl Sock club shipment. About a week late, but I totally love it. Above is the box....now, here's the contents:



So much in there that it barely fits in the picture. Here's the list of booty:

  • 1 skein of Zen Yarn Garden, Serenity cashmere/merino sock yarn in a "Gold Dynasty" colorway
  • An intricate cabled sock pattern called "Majestic".
  • A pretty lacy scarf pattern called "Alexandria"
  • One jewel themed stitch marker
  • A large silk sock sack (to carry your knitting in) from Lantern Moon.
  • A nice pen with "Queen of Knitting" on it.
  • Hand made hand lotion.
  • A little pyramid gift box with two delicious chocolates in it (yum!)
  • A 2009 calendar magnet with all the ship dates for Woolgirl
  • A hand made/painted greeting card
  • a small sized SOAK (to clean your knits with)
I'm about 3/4 of the way up the first sock cuff...but now I'm thinking they are too small. Well, too small for me. I don't think I'll be keeping these socks, though. So I'm wondering if the current size will fit a future recipient. Before ripping it out...I'm seriously considering things. While I seriously love the color and pattern, the color doesn't love me. I'll have to remake this pattern in a different colorway for myself in the future.

Sock pictures to come in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment