Sunday, April 20, 2008

Noro Socks - Done

My Undulating Rib Socks (needle knit) are finally finished! They've been hanging out in my WIP pile for (what feels like) quite some time. I got the yarn, new Noro sock yarn, not long after Christmas and immediately started to knit.

The pattern I used is from a book I got for Christmas. The Undulating Rib Socks from "Favorite Socks" by Interweave Knits. I chose this pattern mainly to suit the yarn, but it is easy to memorize and I think looks great. The "nubbiness" of the pattern texture suits the "nubbiness" of the yarn.

The Noro sock yarn I'm not really impressed with. The yarn is inconsistent in weight, going from very very thick to very very thin and while the colors are beautiful, the stripped patterning is impossible to match from sock to sock. The stripes on my pair actually go in reverse from one sock top to another...I pulled from the same place for both socks. Frustrating, but still pretty.

Here are some more close ups of the finished socks. I like 'em even if they aren't a matched set. "fraternal twins" as someone in my Stitch 'n Bitch group calls them...





1 comment:

  1. That is good to know. I have read a lot about the yarn not being that great even though the colors are fantastic. What is the fabric like? Is it stiff and scratchy?

    They are very beautiful though and YAY for getting them out of your knitting basket.

    ReplyDelete