Saturday, January 05, 2008

First FO of 2008!


My Clapotis from the Fall '04 issue of Knitty is finished. I started it just before Christmas ( the evening of the 23rd, I think) and I finished knitting on it this past Thursday, January 3rd. I blocked it on Friday and finished weaving in all the ends this morning.

This pattern is super simple to knit. Easy pattern repeats to memorize. Great for knitting while watching TV or movies. I think I'll be knitting this one again at some point. I love the finished wrap/scarf.


Here's the stats:
Yarn: Noro, 'The World of Nature' - 60% Wool, 35% Silk
Colorway: No.3
Needles: No. 8 circulars - Denise Interchangeable
Notes: The yarn I'm not crazy over. I love the color but I think the fiber content wasn't quite right for this pattern. I think it's a bit stiff and scratchy for what I was looking for. As it is I will wear it and love it as a more colder weather wrap over a coat or long sleeve shirt. But for spring or fall wear I think I would need a softer yarn. Whatever yarn I pick for my next one will be similar variegation to this Noro.

And, as always...here are some more picks for your Clapotis loving pleasure:



No comments:

Post a Comment