Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fun with coat hangers - or DIY sock blockers!

As I was starting to think of what I want for Christmas (yes...my family requires everyone to make a list every year!), I searched the web for links to sock blockers. Although I always block my other finished knits, I have never blocked my socks because I never had a pair of sock blockers.

These run (I've discovered after searching the web) about $30ish. 30 dollars for 2 pieces of flat plastic or wood? That seemed a bit steep to me...

So in among the Google results came a few DIY sock blocker links. The first seemed like too much work to me. It required materials I didn't have and was too lazy to go and find. Plus cutting and gluing...ick..too much.

So the second link I clicked brought me to this page. I looked at the instructions. Then I turned and looked at my closet...which is right next to my computer. hmmm...I have empty hangers and some Christmas gift socks already made (and in need of blocking). Not 1 minute later I had my first sock blocker made! The hardest part was finding an exact matching hanger!

My favorite part? They come with built in hanging tops. Wet them down and hang them to dry! Out of the way from curious kitties...

No comments:

Post a Comment