Sunday, January 14, 2007

First FOs for 2007


The first finished knits for 2007! WooHoo!

My boss' wife just had a new baby - their 5th! (OMG!) So me (who enjoys knitting for babies but can't imagine having one of my own) - I decided to cast on a few things for the new little person.

I scoured the internet for some freebie patterns and was very satisfied with what I found. The little newborn hat I found over at Bev's Country Cottage - the "Seed Stitch" cap pattern. It was super easy and well written. The result, I think, matches the booties that are from a completely different pattern all together.

The booties are made from a Lion Brand free pattern. I think you have to be logged in to view the pattern - but here's the link to the "Cabled Baby Set" . The pattern called for a different yarn and all I made from the pattern were the booties. The booties had an interesting construction. In fact I thought I had done something wrong until I started sewing them together. I like the way they came out, though...and I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Some stat's on this set:
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby
Needles: size 4 for the hat and size 6 and 7 for the booties
Patterns: See above
Size: Hat is a newborn size, and the booties are 3-6 months
Notes: I will definitely use these patterns again. Hopefully I'll be making some in advance...no more rushed knitting :)


-Here's some more pics for yah-





3 comments:

  1. Really, really nice...and they do look like a matched set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable. you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you dont mind that I linked back to you on my crafting blog... http://fruitloopgirlsbrainnoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete