Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Busy, but still knitting

So busy getting ready for Christmas. I have loom knitting and needle knitting classes coming out my ears! I have gifts left to make and travel plans to get ready for.

BUT - I'm still working on the needles and looms. I've gotten one Scuffie slipper done for a birthday gift for my aunt. Yep - you heard right. A birthday gift. You see...my whole family (except my brother) has their birthdays right after Christmas. (This includes myself....but at least I don't have to make myself a gift!) So, not only do I have to get everyone's Christmas gift made. I also have to get their birthday gifts made.

So I've got one Scuffie done for my aunt. I made a pair for my mom last year and my aunt begged me to make her a pair too. This pair is made using two strands of Lion Brand Homespun held together. This yarn makes great scuffies. It is super soft and easy to care for. It also looks pretty luxurious when completed - always a plus!

So I got one Scuffie down and one more to go. Of course I have a class every night this week to teach...but somehow the other will get done!

I also have another sock 1/2 finished. This one, however, I don't think is a Christmas gift. I think this pair will end up either on Etsy for sale, or on my own little tootsies. I haven't made a pair of socks for myself in quite a while...so I'm leaning toward keeping them for my own little tootsies!

This is self striping sock yarn I got from Joann's online. It's called "Jelly Bean" and it's Lion Brand Sassy Stripes. It's the weirdest self striping I've used. It doesn't seem to have a repeating pattern of stripes. This makes it much easier if you are obsessive and want to match stripes from sock to sock - like myself. With this yarn its just impossible to match so you can just knit away. Maybe I'll eventually reach a repeat in the striping - which would be disastrous for this little obsessive knitter. Then I'd have to waste half the ball looking for the next repeat...*sigh*

Anywho....that's what I've been up to. How's everyone elses knitting coming?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Found your blog on the KK Yahoo Group-- I *love* these socks!!! I just learned how to needle knit but the KK is so much faster that I haven't picked up the needles in a long time. Beautiful work!
    -Megan R
    www.blessedinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete