Sunday, June 18, 2006

Latest projects on the needles

So I just finished this lace shawl for display at Michael's. I sort of started it on a whim while I was demoing last week and ended up asking if they'd like something else to display in the store. Of course my EC jumped at it. It's actually really pretty after I got it all done. I had my doubts while knitting it as I haven't had much luck with free yarn company patterns. This ones pretty good though.



Here's the stats:

Pattern: "Beautiful Shawl" pattern from Patons
Yarn: Patons Silverlash in color "Crystallite Cream" (as specified)
Yarn Amount: 2 balls + a little bit for the fringe. The pattern says 4 - way off! I'm sure they just want you to buy more then required.
Needles: #15 circulars
Note: More pics at the end of this post!

I've also started a patterned dishcloth for my Mom. She loves knit cotton dishclothes and I always end up making them for her for Christmas. This one will be the first addition to my Christmas gift box. I usually start knitting for Christmas around August which gives me plenty of time to make whatever I want and however big the project for everyone. Last year my Mom got a hand knit wool sweater. This is only possible if started in August :) !

Anyway, the dishcloth is pretty. I got the pattern out of a dishcloth pattern booklet I bought years ago. I had a ball of Sugar 'n Cream cotton and wanted to use it up. Dishclothes are the way to go here. The pattern booklet is called "Nifty Knit Dishcloths" - cheesy name but some nice simple designs if you are in the mood for getting fancy.

6:46pm - Update! I finished the dishcloth today. Cute aye? So geometric :)




More shawl pics:





5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shawl!! it is very elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's such a simple thing to make I think there will be more in my christmas box for friends and family.

    Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is simply beautiful! I'm a peg person myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:17 AM

    That is a very pretty shawl. Great job. What a good idea, a dishcloth for a christmas present. I just feel bad using such a pretty thing to clean dishes. :9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:18 AM

    OH I meant to make a :) not a :9

    ReplyDelete